Join us in celebrating all of our wonderful adult volunteers during National Volunteer Appreciation Week (April 21-27). The very essence of Girl Scouting depends upon all that these volunteers do throughout the year. We’d like to extend a heart-felt thank-you to our council volunteers.
Although our volunteers are always appreciated, it is during these special days that we take the time to acknowledge that our adult volunteers are our neighborhood heroes and the lifeblood of the Girl Scout Council of the Nation’s Capital. We encourage all Girl Scouts, their families and service unit/Girl Scout communities to plan special gestures to show appreciation for the adult Girl Scout volunteers in their lives. It doesn’t have to be a grand gesture—a simple thank-you note or a card signed by your troop members goes a long way. Here are some other ways to show your volunteers how grateful you are for their constant enthusiasm and dedication to Girl Scouts:
- Give a bouquet of daisies.
- Thank leaders/volunteers in person and wish them a good day.
- Present volunteers with a homemade gift from girls and their families.
- Hold an appreciation dinner.
- Present volunteer appreciation certificates signed by the troop.
- Thank the volunteer for leading a “hand”; have girls trace their hands and decorate them.
- Re-use an empty Girl Scout Cookie box—wrap the box with festive paper and decorations, then stuff thank-you notes inside the box from girls and their families.
Share the ways you have thanked your Girl Scout volunteers. And, if you are interested in volunteering your time and talent to Girl Scouts, please visit our website for more information.